Gathering start-up experience abroad - information on the DAAD talent scholarships 2021
What are the secrets of successful startups abroad? How do the entrepreneurship ecosystems work in different countries?
As part of the DAAD-funded project AGORA, the SCE is offering an entrepreneurship talent program in the winter semester 2021/22, for which 15 entrepreneurial Bachelor and Master students from the HM can apply from August 25th until October 15th. Part of the program is a financially supported internship - virtual or on-site - at an international start-up or incubator from the international AGORA partner network. Funding is provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
In the winter semester 2021/22, the 15 cross-faculty HM talents will also have the opportunity to take part in entrepreneurship talent workshops (virtual or face-to-face). In the workshops, the talents receive information and inspiration for developing start-up ideas.
Countries in which a virtual internship is paid for as part of the AGORA DAAD scholarship (as of August 9, 2021).
- Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Outside of Europe
- UNITED STATES
- Scholarship in the amount of 752 EUR for an unpaid internship (150 hours) at an international startup or incubator from the international AGORA network. Due to COVID-19, this internship can also be carried out virtually in selected countries.We support you in your search or you have contacts yourself and can apply for a 150 hour internship. You will receive a DAAD participation certificate for the successfully completed internship.
- Grant requirements:
- International start-up or incubator
- Internship period 4 weeks full-time or 150 hours
- Start of the (virtual) internship by the beginning of February 2022 at the latest
- Internship can be used as a module for the certificate "Entrepreneurial thinking and acting"
- Talent workshops with a focus on the following areas:
- Intercultural management
- International and regional entrepreneurship
- Innovation & digital technologies in the field of health, smart cities and digitialization
• Scholarship holders will network and receive targeted support in the relevant subject areas: international entrepreneurship soft and hard skills, their digitalization skills and start-up skills
• Access to modern hardware and software to advance the entrepreneurial mindset and skills (collaborative work, creative thinking, pitching, etc.)
The AGORA talent program takes place in winter semester 2021/22. The talent workshops will be held between October and December and will be integrated into the course of the semester.
The 150h internship in an international start-up or incubator must start no later than February of 2022. Due to COVID-19, the internship can also be carried out virtually in selected countries.
Application period: from August 25 to October 15, 2021
We have 15 places in our talent program and look forward to your applications!