Category-specific Conditions of Participations
The following award category-specific conditions of participations apply:
Category 1: Best business idea from a course
1. At least one applicant in the group of applicants must study at the Munich University of Applied Sciences, or must have participated or currently participating in the educational courses offered by the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship.
2. The submitted business idea must have been developed in an education activity of the Munich University of Applied Sciences or the Center for Entrepreneurship – either in a current or a past education activity. This includes curricula and extra-curricula activities (e.g. entrepreneurship seminars as part of study programmes, Real Projects, the APE-certificate course, workshops and summer schools such as the Co-Creation-Camp, Global Entrepreneurship Summer School or the Start-up Weekend Munich as well as the two-year certificate programme ZGI of the Social Entrepreneurship Akademie etc).
Category 2: Best business idea in college
1. At least one applicant in the group of applicants must study at the Munich University of Applied Sciences.
2. All business idea are welcome regardless of where this emerged from. Exception: Business ideas from alumni which were presented or reviewed as part of a final thesis at the Munich University of Applied Sciences should be presented in category 3.
Category 3: Best business idea from science & practice
1. At least one applicant must be an alumni or employed by the Munich University of Applied Sciences, for example professors, lecturers, researchers or other staff of the Munich University of Applied Sciences.
2. The submitted business idea must have a prospective implementation or commercialization potential for instance as a service or product.
General Conditions of Participation:
In addition to the award category-specific conditions the following general conditions of participations apply:
1. Applicants who are or have found their ideas in a funding program (e.g. HM / SCE funding program, EXIST, comparable accelerator / incubator programs) are excluded from the competition.
2. Even business ideas that have already been founded can't take part in the competition.
3. At least one team member from the nominated ideas have to represent the team at the award ceremony and present the submitted idea there (pitch of max. 5 minutes).
4. Individuals and groups/teams can participate.
5. Applicants must have the wish and the will to implement or to commercialise the idea, project, or research initiative that they submitted. The price money shall serve this purpose.
6. The submitted idea, project, or research initiative shall not yet have been implemented/commercialised at the time of application.
7. The applicants declare that the submitted business ideas are their owns and that no rights of third parties have been violated.
8. Only duly completed applications in either German or English language and submitted prior to the application deadline of 31st July 2017 at 23:59 pm (Munich local time) will be taken into consideration. The applicants willl receive an automatic acknowledgement of receipt.
9. Idea, projects, and research initiatives that will not be awarded can be submitted again in future editions of the Strascheg Award. Award recipients can participate in future editions of the Strascheg Award with idea, projects, and research initiatives not yet awarded by the Strascheg Award.
10. Excluded from the Strascheg Award are business ideas that have received or are currently receiving financial support, and/or support with material expenses, and/or infrastructure form the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship or other organizations.
11. The business ideas will be evaluated by an expert-jury involving entrepreneurship experts from the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship and the Munich University of Applied Sciences and external partners. Selection criteria are: degree of innovativeness, market potential and prospective implementation.
12. All information submitted as part of the application process will be treated confidentially.
13. The expert-jury selects the nominated candidates in the three award categories. The candidates which have been selected will be informed personally.
14. The attendence of the nominated candidates at the Strascheg Award ceremony at the Munich University of Applied Sciences on 17th October 2017; 3.00 - 7.00 pm and a brief presentation of their idea during the event is obligatory.
15. At the award ceremony a symbolic cheque will be handed over to the winners. The full dispursal of the entire amount of the awarded price money will happen subsequently to the award ceremony via bank transfer to the bank account of the winners.
16. All participants of the Strascheg Award will benefit from individual coaching and qualified feed-back concerning their business idea.
17. All participants of the Strascheg Award agree that their personal data, in particular their name, email address, postal adress, will be filed for the duration of the Strascheg Award 2017. The filing of this data can be revoked at any time.
18. False statements during the application as part of the registration or the submission of application documents will lead to disqualification.
19. The Strascheg Award follows German law. In case of single statements of the general conditions of participation becoming void, the validity of the other statements is not affected.
20. All decisions are final.
In addition to the general, the category-specific conditions of participation apply (see above).
Any other questions? Feel free to contact us!