With the card set, success patterns of one's own organization can be identified in a practical and at the same time scientifically based manner and creatively used for innovation processes. "Real Time Innovation" is thus a helpful tool in dealing productively with uncertainty and constant change.
The card set is used for planning and reflecting on entrepreneurial innovation processes. The novel Real Time Innovation canvas helps as an innovation radar for detailed planning and implementation of concrete innovation processes in and between organizations. Real Time Innovation" was developed and built on the basis of numerous interviews with innovation experts, innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups.
Today we would like to introduce you to the next card in the card set:
The MAP:Try something new
The corresponding PATTERN: The willingness and the urge to always try out and test new things requires a form of being driven in teams and individuals, which must always be fueled. Trying out new things also always means questioning the old. Otherwise, people are quickly satisfied and easily become accustomed to easy successes.
From the CATEGORY:
Sustainability and responsibility- Innovations should not only enable entrepreneurial profit, but also be effective in the long term. In order for innovation to unfold sustainably, it is central to enable experiences, to keep trying new things and to look beyond the horizon of one's own idea. Innovation always means questioning traditional solutions and focusing on the benefits for society. Only the vision of changing the world through innovative action enables sustainable social transformation. If it is possible to be clear about what the innovative idea and product could ultimately achieve, then I am also open to other ideas and ready for change. This is a good starting point for starting small, but thinking big and sustainable.
How does the 'Real Time Innovation' map set and canvas work:
We believe that the 'Real Time Innovation' approach to innovation offers new perspectives on the process and that the resulting approaches complement and enhance existing tools. This can foster an entrepreneurial and responsible way of thinking and approach among aspiring founders and intrapreneurs.
With the novel approach we want to deepen the following principles and thereby promote a holistic understanding and their practical application:
- Innovation processes are influenced by the interplay of the personal characteristics and experiences of the responsible actors, the quality of the idea or innovation project itself, the operational execution of the innovation process, and the eco-system.
- Implicit patterns of action interfere with the application of known methods and often influence the success within an innovation step more than the "correct" application of existing methods and tools.
- Innovation processes that go beyond incremental improvements are subject to temporal dynamics that require new performance metrics.
To uncoverpatterns of successand interrelationships in these areas, we used pattern language to extract implicit success factors andcategorized them (Entrepreneurial Personalities - Team and Collaboration - Customers, Stakeholders and Eco-System - The Real Best Solution - Sustainability and Responsibility - Time and Space).
In addition, we assigned the patterns totemporal phases in the innovation process that reflect the maturity of an innovation. Each pattern, category and temporal phase are presented on a separate map. The maps make it possible to pick up individual patterns, link the patterns together or develop an entire innovation system. They inspire in a playful way, provide new insights in the implementation of innovations and lead us to a new culture of innovation.
For more information on "Real Time Innovation", please visit www.sce.de/innovationsansatz.
The card set tool includes:
- 89 Real Time Innovation success pattern cards
- 1 Real Time Innovation accompanying booklet
- 1 Real Time Innovation Canvas (DIN A2)
- 1 Real Time Innovation Leporello - phases of innovation, categories and success patterns
- 1 Real Time Innovation Leporello - suggestions for using the tool
- Canvas: The canvas "Real Time Innovation - Canvas" in the size DIN A0 (approx. 84 cm x 119 cm).
The complete set can be purchased in both English and German. You can also find information on our Real Time Innovation landing page or on Amazon as a German or English set.