Strascheg Award - Idea Competition of the Munich University of Applied Sciences
The Strascheg Award is an idea competition organised by the Munich University of Applied Sciences. It has three categories for which innovative business ideas can be submitted. Applications are welcome for ideas, projects, and research initiatives that demonstrate entrepreneurial motivation. Criteria that count for selecting the winners are the degree of innovativeness, the market potential and the prospective implementation. The award amounts to EUR 30 000. In each of the three categories the first- to third-placed ideas will receive EUR 5000, 3000 and 2000. The award is donated by the Renate & Falk Strascheg Foundation.
Target group & Award Categories
Who can participate in the Strascheg Award?
Students, alumni, professors, lecturers, researchers and other staff of the Munich University of Applied Sciences can submit ideas, projects, and research initiatives that carry potentials for innovative business idea for the Strascheg Award. Also, students and alumni of other higher education institutions are eligible for application if they have participated in the educational offer of the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship. The three award categories are directed to different target groups.
1. Best business idea emerging from class
The Strascheg Award seeks from students, and/or alumni the best business idea which emerged from an education activity of the Munich University of Applied Sciences or the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship.
2. Best student business idea
The Strascheg Award seeks from students, and/or alumni the best business idea regardless of where this emerged from.
3. Best scientific/research business idea
The Strascheg Award seeks from employees of the Munich University of Applied Sciences the best business idea with research background, that is, applied scientific/research projects, research results with commercialisation potential.
Please read the conditions of participation and apply for your suitable category.
Jury and Selection
The business ideas will be evaluated by an expert-jury involving entrepreneurship experts from the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship and the Munich University of Applied Sciences and external partners. Selection criteria are:
- degree of innovativeness
- market potential
- prospective implementation
All information submitted as part of the application process will be treated confidentially.
Process and Application
You want to apply? ...
- Read carefully the conditions of participation for the three award categories.
- Find out which of the award categories are relevant for you.
- You need the following documents to apply for the Strascheg Award:
- Idea proposal – five to eight pages in German or English language – whoch contains the following information: name of the project, description of the idea, potential benefits for users, market and competitors, business model, information about the team (if applicable), profitability, further planning.
- Short curriculum vitae of all people involved in the application
- Visit our online application portal
- Choose the award category fitting to your profile and duly complete the application form
- Upload all documents zipped either as pdf or word. You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt
- Deadline for application is 31st July 2017 at 23:59 pm (Munich local time)
- Award ceremony with short presentation of the winners at the Munich University of Applied Sciences on 17th October
- Be patient & fingers crossed!
Question? Please contact us!
conditions of participation