Altogether 36 start-up teams were created through the 2016 European Virtual Accelerator programme. 14 shortlisted finalist start-up teams took part in the final challenge and pitched to an international judging panel.
Winnes of 2016 EU-XCEL Award:
The ultimate company to revolutionise the aftermarket car parts sector.
Mahoo is a cloud based inventory management, sales platform and application for car dismantlers. Traditional inventory management software requires the user to manually input the car‘s maker, model, colour, engine, year and all its parts individually into an installed piece of software on a computer. With over 7,000 parts in a car this is extremely time consuming and inefficient. Mahoo plans to innovate this stagnant industry by automating the entire process and opening up the global market to local businesses. With Mahoo, car dismantlers will save time through automation, and with access to a larger market, increase sales allowing them to scale their business. www.mahoo.io
#2: Drive Brand
Drive-Brands is a disruptive platform that connects brands with ordinary drivers in order to offer targeted and efficient advertising campaign on cars.
At drive-brands, we provide an advertising solution that match drivers with advertisers, helping brands to connect with private car owners. The concept is simple: drivers have their car wrapped, drive around, and the app tracks their route. The business model is very similar to Google Adwords, we share revenue from advertisements with the driver which get extra money, and advertisers get captive audience with powerful analytics. Drive-Brands takes out-of-home (OOH) advertising on cars to a next level, offering convenient and more cost effective way of advertising for SMEs, startups and public organizations. www.drive-brands.com
DOCYET is a personal AI-powered assistant that helps those travelling around the world to find and access medical treatment.
DOCYET helps travelers to find and access medical treatment while dealing with an unknown environment and language barriers. Building a digital assistant for the smartphone, we are an alternative to the travel assistance companies with their 24/7 hotlines. We provide information about diseases, hospitals and also help with the communication between doctors and patients. To simulate a hotline-like experience and providing assistance in a natural way, the core-technology is based on an intuitive, easy-to-use chatbot. DOCYET is an modern day solution to a long time problem. We are the best alternative to an assistant hotline, which is beneficial to both the user and the insurance companies. www.docyet.com
Here you find all 14 shortlisted EU-XCEL start-up teams incl. short description.
EU-XCEL is a CROSS-European network of tech entrepreneurs, tech industry experts and talented entrepreneurial educators from six of Europe’s leading organisations with proven track records in successful incubation. Partner institiutions are:
- University College Cork
- DTU Skylab at Technical university of Denmark
- Athens Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Athens University of Economics and Business
- InQbator at Poznan Science and Technology Park
- Cloud Incubator HUB at the Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena
- Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship at Munich University of Applied Sciences
Learn more about the partners at www.euxcel.eu/partners.
Ultimately, the EU-XCEL European Virtual Accelerator is seeking to identify and empower aspiring young tech entrepreneurs to become ‘incubator ready’ with real products of promise in the areas of:
- Internet of Things;
- Health Informatics;
- Big Data
- Predictive Analytics; and
EU-XCEL has created an intensive, specially designed entrepreneurship programme which includes: :
- One week FREE intensive training and mentoring in one of our start-up scrums across Europe this summer (including FREE flights and accommodation) where EU-successful EU-XCEL applicants participate alongside some of the most promising and talented aspiring tech entrepreneurs in and commence the process of co-founding new startup ideas;
- Access to online technical and business development supports through the EU-XCEL virtual accelerator where teams further develop their startup ideas over a 12 week period passing milestones and submitting key deliverables en route;
- The opportunity to pitch for investment and win a prize in the EU-XCEL Challenge Final in October 2016 in Munich, Germany.
To learn more about the EU-XCEL Project see www.euxcel.eu