Strascheg Award 2021 - Idea competition of the München University of Applied Sciences
The Strascheg Award is the ideas competition of the Munich University of Applied Sciences and is awarded in three categories for innovative business ideas. The best business ideas from a course (submission in category 1), in the study time (submission in category 2) and from science and practice (submission in category 3) are sought. Ideas, projects and scientific work that are driven forward with entrepreneurial motivation are eligible to apply. The decisive criteria for awarding the prize are the problem presentation, the solution approach, the degree of innovation, the market potential and the implementation planning of the idea. The submitted ideas are evaluated in a multi-stage process by entrepreneurship experts from the SCE and Munich University of Applied Sciences as well as an external jury of experts. The award is endowed with prize money of €30,000. In each of the three categories, the first to third place ideas will receive €5,000, €3,000 and €2,000 respectively.
In addition, all participants receive a personal consultation and qualified feedback on their business idea and the chance to receive funding in our six-month Start-up Certificate funding program with intensive consulting, exclusive seminars/workshops for founders as well as a prototype budget and workspace in the incubator.
The Strascheg Award is sponsored by the Renate & Falk Strascheg Foundation. The award was first announced in 2014 and is presented annually at E'ship Day.
Target group & award categories
Who can enter the ideas competition?
Business ideas for the Strascheg Award 2021 can be submitted by the following individuals and groups: Students, alumni, professors, lecturers, research assistants and employees of Munich University of Applied Sciences. At least one team member must belong to one of the target groups mentioned. In addition, students and alumni from other universities can apply for the award if they have participated in SCE qualification programs and events (category 1).
1. best business idea from a course
Prizes are awarded to the three best entrepreneurial ideas that emerged during courses at Munich University of Applied Sciences or at the SCE.
2. best business idea in the study time
The three best entrepreneurial ideas of students enrolled at the Munich University of Applied Sciences that did not arise during courses will be awarded a prize.
3. best business idea from science and practice
The three best entrepreneurial ideas developed by alumni, professors, lecturers and employees of the Munich University of Applied Sciences will be awarded.
Detailed information on the categories can be found in the conditions of participation.
Application is made by submitting the documents online by the application deadline.
Process & application
If you would like to apply...
- Read the conditions of participation for the three award categories.
- The application is only possible online via the application form until the application deadline with the following documents:
- Formulated idea paper of max. ten pages or comparable document (e.g. meaningful presentation / read deck) in German or English; an exemplary template of the idea paper can be found in the download area (top right).
- Plus CVs of all persons involved in the application
- Submission via the online application form (via the application link on the top right):
- Select the appropriate award category, fill out the application form and upload a ZIP file of max. 10MB with your documents (documents in PDF format).
- Deadline for application is 12.09.2021 at 23.59. You will receive a confirmation of receipt.
- Announcement of the nominees, the best ideas in three categories: October
- Festive award ceremony at the Munich University of Applied Sciences at the E'ship Day on November 17, 2021 (details to follow); mandatory participation & idea presentation (pitch of max. 5 minutes) by the nominated award participants as part of the stage program.
continue to the conditions of participation
Jury & selection
The business ideas will be evaluated by an expert-jury involving entrepreneurship experts from the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship and the HM Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences and external partners. The written documents form the basis for the evaluation.
Selection criteria are:
- degree of innovativeness
- market potential
- prospective implementation
All information submitted as part of the application process will be treated confidentially.
Award & prize money
The award amounts to EUR 30,000. Each of the three award categories has price money of EUR 10,000.
All participants will benefit from individual coaching and qualified feedback concerning their business idea.
In addition the participants have the chance to be supported in our funding program for founders, the Start-up Certificate: a six-month free accelerator program offered by the SCE start-up support team for the implementation of business ideas.
The award is donated by the Renate & Falk Strascheg Foundation.