Strascheg Award - Idea competition of the HM Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences
The Strascheg Award is an idea competition organised by the HM Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences. It has three categories for which innovative business ideas can be submitted. Applications are welcome for ideas, projects, and research initiatives that demonstrate entrepreneurial motivation. Criteria that count for selecting the winners are the degree of innovativeness, the market potential and the prospective implementation. The award amounts to EUR 30 000. In each of the three categories the first- to third-placed ideas will receive EUR 5000, 3000 and 2000. The award is donated by the Renate & Falk Strascheg Foundation.
Target group & award categories
Who can participate in the Strascheg Award?
Students, alumni, professors, lecturers, researchers and other staff of the HM Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences can submit ideas, projects, and research initiatives that carry potentials for innovative business idea for the Strascheg Award. Also, students and alumni of other higher education institutions are eligible for application if they have participated in the educational offer of the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship. The three award categories are directed to different target groups.
1. Best business idea from a course
The Strascheg Award seeks from students the best business idea which emerged from an education activity of the Munich University of Applied Sciences or the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship.
2. Best business idea in the study time
The Strascheg Award seeks from students the best business idea regardless of where this emerged from as long as they were at the university.
3. Best business idea from science & practice
The Strascheg Award seeks from alumni or employees of the Munich University of Applied Sciences the best business idea with research or practical background, that is, applied scientific/research projects, research results with commercialisation potential.
Please read the conditions of participation and apply for your suitable category.
Process & application
You want to apply? ...
- Read carefully the conditions of participation for the three award categories.
- Find out which of the award categories are relevant for you.
- You need the following documents to apply for the Strascheg Award:
- Idea proposal – max. ten pages in German or English language – whoch contains the following information: name of the project, description of the idea, potential benefits for users, market and competitors, business model, information about the team (if applicable), profitability, further planning (template for download).
- Curriculum vitae of all people involved in the application
- Visit our online application portal
- Choose the award category fitting to your profile and duly complete the application form
- Upload all documents zipped either as pdf or word. You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt
- Deadline for application is 15th August 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Munich local time)
- Announcement of the nominees, the best ideas in three categories: October
- Award ceremony with short presentations of the nominees (pitch of max. 5 minutes) at the HM Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences on November 17, 2021 (details coming soon).
- Be patient & fingers crossed!
Question? Please contact us!
Jury & selection
The business ideas will be evaluated by an expert-jury involving entrepreneurship experts from the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship and the HM Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences and external partners. Selection criteria are:
- degree of innovativeness
- market potential
- prospective implementation
All information submitted as part of the application process will be treated confidentially.
Award & prize money
The award amounts to EUR 30,000. Each of the three award categories has price money of EUR 10,000.
All participants will benefit from individual coaching and qualified feedback concerning their business idea.
In addition the participants have the chance to be supported in our funding program for founders, the Start-up Certificate: a six-month free accelerator program offered by the SCE start-up support team for the implementation of business ideas.
The award is donated by the Renate & Falk Strascheg Foundation.